Experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research
AGC’s Technovation Centre is recruiting a researcher to develop the coated glasses and surfaces of tomorrow
AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC Group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world's leading producer of flat glass.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for building (exterior glazing and interior decoration), automotive (original glass and replacement glass) and smart screen applications.
- 14.000 people in Europe - 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
You at AGC’s Technovation Centre - Surfaces Department – your mission
- You will be based at the Technovation Centre close to Brussels (Belgium) where research & development, engineering and IP activities are centralized under one roof with 280 members of personnel
- More specifically you will join our Surfaces Department - a team of approximately 50 people passionate about developing products and processes involving on line or off line coatings with high added value.
Your mission will include
- working autonomously on coatings related projects and more specifically on PVD coatings for automotive
- conducting laboratory experiments (conceive, prepare, execute, analyze, synthetize)
- being analytical and critical with the results of your research
- implementing solution developed at laboratory scale to the industrial scale
- collaborating with other researchers for the development of the coatings competence in Europe
- participating with marketing to the definition of future products.
Specific training and support will be put in place from the first months with our researchers and technicians
Your scientific profile
- You love science and achieved very good academic results in one of the following fields: civil engineer, master or PHD in physics, material sciences or related field (recent graduate or with a few years’ experience)
- You are a self starter with a good helicopter view, able to think of and manage the different stages of a project and meeting deadlines
- You understand that a researcher’s job is more than sitting behind a screen or running experiments in the labs. You have a strong affinity with industrial and operational processes and enjoy being on the field.
- You are willing to work in a team, in interaction with other researchers, technicians and operators.
- Plus point - You have acquired a certain level of experience in the deposition of coatings by CVD and in the characterisation of coatings (XPS, SIMS, XRF, XRD, AFM…)
Your general skills
You are an allrounder and recognize yourself in the following:
- Multitasker, curious with a bias for action, perseverant and autonomous,
- Strong logical mind – yet creative and entrepreneurial with an agile spirit
- Troubleshooter with analytical skills
- Efficient communicator in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negotiations.
- Able to elaborate, test, and propose new concepts autonomously
- Fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, fun team respectful for diversity
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, training opportunities and respect for autonomy